12/6/11

Peaceful Warrior


"None are more hopelessly enslaved that those who falsely believe they are free"
-Goethe-

All we know things are bad, even worse than that! I don't have to tell you things are bad. They're crazy. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The euro and the dollar are hyper-inflated, stones have more value than them, banks and financial  are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Occupy movements are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. Besides of this, we know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and in the meantime you sit watching your TV's while some national newscaster tells you that today we had thousands of kids dying of starvation, eleven homicides and thirty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be.  It's like everything everywhere is going crazy. You sit in the house, and slowly the world you are living in is getting smaller, and all you say is, "At least leave me alone in my living room. Please, let me have my iPhone and my TV set and my new brand car with steel belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave me alone." Bread and circuses to the sheeple.

Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your parlament because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and Al-Qaeda and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, "I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment