6/3/10

Don't forget to live... A story of a father and a son

There was a man who came back from his work , tired and angry, just to find his 5 years old son waiting him at the doorstep.
-Daddy, can I ask you something? the kid asked.
-Of course son, whats up?
-Daddy, how much money do you earn per hour?
-This is not your business! Why do you ask such a thing?? the man answered furious
-Well, I just want to know. Please tell me how much do you earn in an hour??
-You shouldnt ask this , but ill tell you...I earn 50 euros per hour.
-Oh...
the young boy said staring at the floor,and continued
-Daddy can you please lend me 25 euros??
The father got really angry.
-If the only reason that you asked me this was to lend some money to buy a stupid toy or some other foolish thing then go straight to your room and sleep.And you better think why you are so selfish.Im working really hard every day to hear these childish words from you.
The little boy left quietly and headed to his room.

The man sat alone but he couldnt get out of his head the question of his son..How could he ask such a question just to take some money from him???
But as the time passed , he calmed down and he started thinking that maybe his son was in need for this 25 euros to buy something really important...He wasnt asking for money that often anyway...
He got up,walked to his son's room and opened the door..

-Are you asleep , son?, he asked
-No daddy im awake , the boy answered.
-I thought that maybe i was too strict with you before.It was a really difficult day , full of tension , and I was not calm when we talked. Here , take these 25 euros that you have asked me.
The boy took the money obviously happy.
-Oh thank you so much daddy, he said loudly.
He raised his pillow and unveiled a pack of paper money he had hidden there.
In the view of the money that the boy had , the man got angry again!
-Why you asked for more money when you already have ?? he said furious.
-Because I didnt have enough, but now i do, the boy said.

-Daddy, now I have 50 euros.Can I buy one hour from your time? Please come home early tomorrow , I want to have lunch with you.

The daddy stood up, embraced his son and begged for forgiveness...

No comments:

Post a Comment